Internship (m/f) in the Amazon Rainforest, Ecuador
You are studying tourism / hotel management and are interested in an internship in a lodge in the jungle of Ecuador? Would you like to get to know the tasks of a lodge manager better and carry them out independently? During your internship at Hakuna Matata Amazon Lodge you will have the chance to prove your skills as a host and organizational talent in a unique environment and contribute your own ideas. Are you interested? Then apply and look forward to an unforgettable time in Ecuador!
Who we are:
The small lodge is located on a 120-hectare plot of land only 10 kilometers from Tena, the capital of the province of Napo. The region is considered to be very safe and is free of tropical diseases due to its altitude of 600 to 850 meters above sea level. The lodge offers many exciting excursions into the jungle and captivates with its natural and quiet location.
- Support of the Lodge Manager
- Welcoming and briefing of tour groups at the hotel reception desk
- Contact person for the guests during the stay
- Insight into the service area – attending and entertaining guests in the restaurant
- Accompaniment of guests & translation activities on excursions into the jungle
- General activities at the reception & office
- Preparation of quotations and processing of bookings
- Taking over special tasks and projects
What we expect from you:
- Studies in tourism or hotel management – experience in gastronomy would be an advantage
- Spanish language skills at conversational level (very important for internal communication with colleagues) and very good English language skills
- Enjoy interacting with people from all over the world
- You have fun in the host role
- Diligence, perseverance and the ability to work in a team
- Enthusiasm for a certain time away from city life
- Open-mindedness towards flora and fauna – not afraid of the jungle and its inhabitants 😉
What we offer:
- More than just an internship, it is an experience for life!
- Versatile tasks and a varied workplace in a holiday paradise
- Insight into the fields of activity and working methods of a lodge
- Further development of intercultural competence & language skills
- The opportunity to get to know the largest rainforest in the world
- Regular working hours and days off to get to know the country on your own
- Free room and board in the lodge (own room with shower/WC) as well as internet access
- Small pocket money at the end of the internship
Duration of the internship:
Please send your application in Spanish or English to Mr. David Etienne: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!